You may be eligible for up to a $500 Federal Tax Credit when you purchase *select energy efficient Hunter Douglas window shades. Federal tax credits are being reinstated this year from the 2015 Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) which provided federal tax credits on energy-efficient products.
If you purchase energy-efficient Hunter Douglas window shades from now until December 2016, you may be eligible for a tax credit. Your window shades must be installed before the end of 2016. Check with your local tax accountant and submit your tax credit according to the IRS.
How does the Federal Tax Credit on Hunter Douglas Window Shades Work?
1. Buy any of the following energy-efficient Hunter Douglas window shades and have them installed before December 31, 2016:
• Alustra® Duette® Architella® honeycomb shades with qualifying fabrics, certain sizes and lifting systems that are inside-mounted over double-glazed windows* Ask Blinds N’ All for more details.
• Duette® Architella® honeycomb shades with qualifying fabrics, certain sizes and lifting systems that are inside-mounted over double-glazed windows* See Blinds N’ All for complete details.
2. Make sure to keep your original purchase receipts to show the amount you paid for the eligible Hunter Douglas window shades. The tax credit does not include measuring and installation costs. Only the costs of the Hunter Douglas window shades are considered in the tax credit.
3. Download & Print out all the Hunter Douglas Certification Statements available on Blindsnall.net. Bring this documentation and sales receipt to your local tax professional to determine your eligibility for the tax credit. *For more details and restrictions and a list of qualifying products, download the Manufacturer Certification Statements available on blindsnall.net. The 2016 tax credit is subject to a lifetime maximum of $500 and a reduction for the amount of Section 25C credits obtained in prior years. Always consult a tax professional regarding your own personal tax situation and the ability to claim a tax credit related to the purchase of qualifying Hunter Douglas window shades.
Visit the Blinds N’ All window shades showroom to see qualifying Hunter Douglas products on display. Blinds N’ All is located in Centereach, New York and serves homeowners and businesses across Long Island.